Thursday 27 June 2013

...And I Got a Cleavage Full of Gnats



This spring I have started biking to hold the 'oh-my-gosh-I'll-be-40-in-4-years!' at bay.  I do not want a saggy, pancake bottom.  Nor do I relish one day looking into the mirror and seeing the 'ladies' getting tucked into the waistband of my pants.  The list of issues for women when it comes to the ravages of time and gravity are endless, so I'll stop there - but I am fighting them every step of the way!

So, the last time I was on a bike was when I was in university.  I was nervous - I wondered, "Is riding bike - just like riding a bike?"  To be perfectly frank, I was worried I couldn't do it.  The great news is I am doing it - and I love it.  We started with 10km, and have built our way up to 20km - with a end of summer goal of 40km.  (Lofty, but I like a challenge!) 

Now, SW and I do the country roads, whizzing by farms and fields, trying not to get knocked over by the swoosh of big rigs.  And the muscle burn feels good.  There are days, however, that have their complications.  Take for instance - manure spreading time.  When you're sucking wind and desperate for oxygen, and the only air available is laden with the rich, uncomfortable flavour of cow dung - well, that leaves a bad taste in your mouth.  Literally AND figuratively!  There is also the inevitable pain in your lady bits.  Invest in a good seat (like the Cadillac of seats!).  Tonight it was the attack of the gnats.  Swarms of gnats flying into your eyes, onto your arms, and for me - right into my cleavage.  (Truthfully, I gotta think that is a great way for them to die - but maybe I'm biased ;)) When I got home and peeled off my tank, there they were.  My ta-tas may have been responsible for the annihilation of entire families of gnats, for all I know.  There were a lot

I had my hot shower, and washed the tiny carcasses away, feeling a teency bit guilty about the death of living creatures - no matter how insignificant they may seem.

I can't believe it but...riding a bike IS just like riding a bike!

Happy Cycling,

Kathy Pettit :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment

You thought it - share it!