Saturday 9 March 2013

The Moisturizer Conspiracy - Yes it Exists!

elephant Unmoisturized -lol- Wrinkly ElephantI had an "aha" moment recently, that made me question the very fabric of our being.  Okay, maybe, it wasn't that deep - but it was still important!  And puzzling.  Then I realized there was a conspiracy underfoot - and the wool that was pulled over my eyes started to become so itchy, that I had to find another solution!

Typically, I would refer to myself as fairly organized and prepared.  But, on a recent occasion I was running out of my facial moisturizer.  Hubby, finally realizing the importance of adding this to your daily routine (especially in winter!), has been digging his manly fingers into my jar and (in my humble opinion) has been a little over-zealous in his slathering. At my encouragement and reassurance that moisturizing was not just for girls, he agreed to having his own supply and not deplete my tiny $20-$30 something jar in record time.  (I don't know about you ladies, but I am pretty chintzy with the application of my youth-keeper - I make it last as long as womanly possible!)  So we headed to our local pharmacy - and I showed him in the men's section and pointed out that they made lotions for the most manly of faces!  That was where I saw the conspiracy taking place right in front of us!  Get this - $6.99 for a giant tube of manly facial moisturizer!  Why am I paying 3-4 times more for LESS?! 

He bought it.  I however, starting to itch from that wool I mentioned earlier, did not replenish my stock.  I used up every smear until the jar was clean.  Then, about a week ago, I tried Hubby's new $6.99 stuff, expecting it to be "not as good" as mine.  After a week, I "hrmphed" out loud.  I liked it.  A lot.  So I am converted.  Lucky for him, my routine only includes the tiniest of amounts.  If it weren't for this blog, he would never know I have raided his supply!

So lesson here - men - moisturize!  You can get wrinkles too, and chapped skin!  Ladies - next time you need to restock - check out the men's section.  Your wallet will thank you!


I can't believe it but...it took me that long to realize the blatant conspiracy against women!


Happy slathering,

Kathy Pettit

No comments:

Post a Comment

You thought it - share it!