Wednesday 12 September 2012

Weaving Words

Best Designed Library Kansas City
I have a tendency to exaggerate.  I have always been a self-diagnosed story-teller.  Not the kind of tales that car salesman and fisherman make us all raise an eyebrow to.  (Sorry to my car-selling friend - totally NOT referring to you, ahem.)  That was awkward....!  But rather, I like to SEE stories in the mundane and everyday.  One tiny moment triggers a bit of a chain reaction in my squidgy brain.  The event may be something my kids or hubby says...it may be something I see or hear.  All these tiny little threads are weaved into a story or memory that I feel the need to share.  All of your threads have made their way into my tale.  Whether you are the reader, the crossing guard, the person who sells me my coffee, or even someone from my past, you have been gently woven into my being and my tale.  You fit in perfectly.  Especially after a nice glass of blush wine...because everything is better with wine.

If you are reading this, you and I are linked across the time space continuum (I don't know what this really means, but sounds smarty-like).  Thanks for being a part of my story.  Especially you.  Yeah -YOU!  You're awesome! 

I can't believe it but...I am admitting to a teeny tiny, barely noticeable, smidgen of a flaw in myself. 


Happy story sharing,


Kathy Pettit



4 comments:

  1. What flaw? You love to inspire, intrigue and entertain with stories. Exaggeration? Bah. It's just a shot of drama for the readers/listeners. And bring on the wine!

    Keep it up, Kat. And congrats on using (and spelling!) time space continuum in a post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wine and drama...imagine the coincidence! ;D I know - it sounded impressive and bumped my smart-factor up with the readers, eh. I may be invited to chill with Stephen Hawkings as he is in town thiss week - too bad my schedg is booked solid!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely post, Kathy! I'm glad to be part of your story, and proud to be able to say that you are a part of mine:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ditto, my community-loving friend :)

      Delete

You thought it - share it!