Thursday 9 August 2012

Canning, Panning and Fanning


If you're wondering based on the title what this blog is about...you're not alone! I have no idea either...I have it all planned out to make some sense in a non-sensical way.  You'll see.  Bear with me.  I was in a very rhymonious (not sure if that's a word, but I'm runnin' with it!) mood, AND I'm canning AND I'm blogging, AND there are 6 children running around my house at this exact moment whilst my 5 year old son, Coconut is crying his eyes out, AND my hubby is chatting with me with me about various desserts he wants to make...at which I am nodding encouragingly hoping he'll head to the kitchen and whip something up.

News Flash Readers: He just turned on the TV so dessert is off the radar....

Anyhow...I'm canning..and I'm panning, thinking I need a second canning pot for the machine that is me....and I am hot and slightly bothered so I am fanning myself.  I'm also trying REALLY hard to ignore the demands of the 6 children...don't worry no one is hurt!!

I have become a little obsessed  focused with my canning.  Here's the list so far this season:

Peach Melba Jam, Honeyed Peaches, Lemony Blueberry Jam, Watermelon Pickles, Zucchini Relish, Applesauce, Apple Onion and Maple Relish, Sweet Dilled Pickles, Def Jam (cherry, strawberry and blueberry jam), and just 15 minutes ago - Tipsy Black Forest Preserves.

My goal this year is to not give anyone botulism.  If I shared some goodies with you - let me know if I can checkoff this goal as completed.  My second goal is to make some pretty darn good stuff.  I am canning while the veggies and fruits are cheap.  The downside is my kids keep eating all of my preserved stuff that is supposed to take us through winter!  Eat a fresh peach already...gosh!

I can't believe it but.....I am multi-tasking and accomplishing! 


Keeping it all together,

Kathy Pettit



5 comments:

  1. about that botulism,,,,I'll let you know after the weekend as I plan to serve the lemony blueberry jam to my guests at the cottage. You go girl! Keep on canning, panning and fanning, and if you need anyone to sample your wares, other than your family, you know where to find me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'd be bothered with six kids in the house, but I wouldn't be canning. Sheesh. You're my hero, now can I have some Tipsy Black Forest Preserves? I'll bring over three more kids.

    You ARE the consumate multi-tasker (hope I used that word right). Simply rhymonious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE call our grandaughter,Katherine-'Florence Nightingale'.As she is always willing to help anyone who needs it. Including adopting 2 dogs who needed a good home..For those who do not know of Florence N. Also known as 'Lady of the Lamp.'She was a very capable and well loved nurse in the Crimean War, in the 1800's.She laid the foundation of modern nursing.
    We are very proud of Katherine and her family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I am so blessed to have you both in my life. It is nice to know you are so supportive. Thank you for being in my life...and for making me shed a tear out of love when I read this. You guys rock!!

      Delete
  4. Kathy is very versatile .We call her 'Florence Nightingale'.As she is always ready and willing to help anyone in need.

    ReplyDelete

You thought it - share it!