Tuesday 7 August 2012

Nag or Coach...The Answer is Obvious to me!

Who are you callin' a nag?



Who called me a NAG? Me...I have a different viewpoint. I’m not sure why people see it from that angle…I’m trying to help…trying to make things go smoother. I like to think of myself as a Household Coach. I’m there by your side reminding you of your next move…guiding you towards success…making sure you leave no man (or dirty laundry) behind! I rally behind you like no one else! How can you fail? Well, obviously you can fail by NOT listening to your Coach. If you don’t listen to The Coach – then I nag coach some more. And it ain't pretty! Unlike a sports team, my coaching is free. I don’t invoice my family for my expertise or my time. I don’t charge them for giving them the best move in any given scenario. I do it out of love (and, to be honest, to get the job done right the first time!).

Like any Coach, sometimes I may come off a little strong. Possibly a little hard-headed (but just a little!). I mean well. In life you have to learn to listen instructions and follow the rules. My kids should be thankful for the guidance :) If my kids Pickle, Peach or Coconut (not their real names - seriously - were you thinking that!?? In case your kids are named that, I will defer to the ever popular Seinfeld removing-foot-from-mouth line, "Not that there's anything wrong with that!") or my husband happen across this post...know this: I coach because I love.
In the meantime I will accept either title from a complete stranger. But, if you ever overhear my children or hubby using the term “nag” – gently remind them that “coach” is the preferred reference.

I can't believe it but...I think I've coined a new modern term for nagging!!



Happy parenting!
Kathy Pettit


2 comments:

You thought it - share it!