Thursday 2 August 2012

The View From Up (or Down) Here

In life I refer a lot to "perspective."  I believe this is a key component of who and what we are, and how we fit into our world.  Do we easily find joy - or are we stuck in feeling sorry for ourselves and making the worst of every situation?  Personally, I consider my myself a "wine-glass-half-full-but-could-use- a-top-up-if-you've-got-it" type of person :)  Things don't often go my way.  In fact going awry and wonky are the norm for my life.  But it's kinda fun that way!  I never know what to expect - and therefore have a hard time being disappointed (ok - disappointment does impact me - but not for long!).  I figure if I follow my heart and listen to the guidance from up above - I'll get where I need to go when I am supposed to be there!

We are all dealt a set of cards.  Imagine, each hand slightly different, and maybe some more lucrative than the other.  However what matters most about cards - or LIFE - is:
How you play the game!!! 
Heck - play those cards to your advantage!  When you want to scream - sing.  When you want to cry - laugh.  When you want to pout - look around at all that you have and appreciate it!  The people (even if they are part of the reason you want to do the aforementioned!!) and places and things that you have been blessed with. 

IMAGINE A WORLD VOID OF ALL THAT IS IN YOUR LIFE NOW!  Imagine the people gone, the places gone, the memories gone and your "things" - gone.  How empty and sad is that world?  This makes me sad just thinking about it!  Even the people in my life that drive me crazy (and if you happen to be one of the crazies in my life reading this - definitely not referring to you!) they would leave a hole had I not experienced them.  I am who I am because of all that I am. All I have done, all I have felt, all I have witnessed, all I have helped, all I have accepted help, all I have changed - has created me - Kathy.  Here I am world.  Like it or leave it...but I accept you and the card card you dealt me.  And I'll even do it with a smile :)

I can't believe it but...I think I may be winning the game - better play your cards right!


Kathy Pettit


2 comments:

  1. Even though I'm one of those crazies, your words struck right to the heart.

    Loved this line especially - "I figure if I follow my heart and listen to the guidance from up above - I'll get where I need to go when I am supposed to be there!" Amen, sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have graced my world, and I can't imagine not having met you

    ReplyDelete

You thought it - share it!